Are you dealing with the intense print job and your printer operate 8 to 10 hours per day? Then it might be a possibility that you’re confronting with “alignment failed” error message. This message is prompt up when your printer is out of the alignment. To get perfect alignment you may need to align your ink cartridges, reset the printer, utilize a different type of paper, or contact HP Printer Customer care number.
Steps to align ink cartridges
- Switch on your HP printer and wait until it boots up properly.
- Load fewer volume of plain white paper into the printer’s input tray.
- Click to explore the Start tab.
- Locate and tap Program.
- Now click HP Solution Center application.
- As the application explore, click Settings from the bottom of the page.
- Tap Printer Toolbox and then “Align the Print Cartridges.”.
- Now under Printer Services option, Click Align tab.
- Now follow the on-screen guideline to calibrate your HP Printer and cartridges.
Steps to reset the Printer
- Switch on your HP printer.
- Now disengage the power cord from the printer while printer power remains active.
- Unplug the cable from the power source.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and then plug the power cord back into the power source.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Press the power button and wait until the printer boots up properly.
- Now take a test print to verify the printer alignment.
Utilizing correct type of paper
- Remove all the paper from the printer unit input tray.
- Make sure papers are clean and of A4 size standard.
- Discard any used paper from the stack of paper.
- Now the stack the paper back to the printer input tray.
- From the Printer Control Panel, choose Setup and then Tools.
- Press down the arrow and select “Align Printer.”.
- Place the alignment test paper on the scanner glass.
- Make sure the place the paper at the front right corner of the scanner glass.
- Close the lid and Press OK.
Examine the paper for the printer alignment. For more detail and troubleshooting tips on printer alignment, make sure to contact with HP Tech Support.